Monday, July 5, 2010

"When We Get to the Ocean, We're Gonna Take A Boat to the End of the World...."

I've decided that this fall, I'm going to take music lessons at college. That's all. No science, no math, none of that. It brings me no happiness these days, and I need a break from doing all the things that I don't like. Don't get me wrong, I love science- but I hate how science classes are conducted at Wallace Community College. I hate the way they give busy work and act as if it's the most important shit you'll do all day long. Music always makes me happy, even when I'm working on a piece that's frustratingly hard. I feel a great sense of accomplishment with every bar of music I master.

I wonder if maybe I shouldn't change directions. I don't have a clue how I'd ever make it in music- I'm neither the most experienced or the best at what I do. But...stranger things have happened, right? Shit, if people will consider Britney Spears a musician, I've got more than a snowball's chance in hell- because there's not tellin' if that girl can even get out the gate in the mornin', if you know what I mean.

It's time to take a trip into Enjoyment Land, and quit doing all this shit "cause I have to". I don't really have to do shit. No one does- we just impose all these rules on ourselves and overcomplicate the hell out of life.

"We aren't supposed to sit in little cubicles all day long"

-Office Space

True story. And we're not supposed to be slaves, either. So, one by one, I'm removing a link out of the chains. It'll happen someday. Freedom is what all these people have fought for, right? Well, it's time we claim our rights.

No comments:

Post a Comment