Sunday, March 14, 2010

Portability

I am a packrat's worst nightmare.

There are few things more refreshing to me than getting rid of stuff. In fact, the only thing I can think of that's more refreshing is when I showered after a week in the woods.

I got rid of two garbage bags worth of stuff and four or five boxes worth. I'm getting rid of one of the couches in my living room, and maybe a few other things as well. It's time to become one hundred percent portable again. Most people like to have lots of things, and I'm the exact opposite. If I could get to the point that everything I owned fit in one car, I'd be a happy girl. But as is, that one car is completely taken up by dogs and a boyfriend- so I guess a trailer will have to do.

It's spring break from college- and this is how I spend it. Throwing things away. But I'm only doing it so Sean (the new roommate) can have a bed in my spare room....and because I like it. Hopefully, though, it'll all be done before my work week is over so I can actually go have fun for a few days- WOO- blueberry beer, here I come! Get ready for me baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment