Sunday, July 3, 2011

Speaking Words of Wisdom Let It Be (Fourth of July)

It's hard to explain the feeling of being American these days.
It's tiring, it's a battle, it's glorious that I can say whatever the hell I want, it's infuriating that other people can say whatever the hell they want, it's fantastic that we are supposedly guaranteed so many things, frustrating when none of those guarantees pan out.

I suppose it's all just a double edged sword. And, like it or not, Americans still very much live by the sword- proverbially or otherwise. We will never be a nation at peace, a nation at rest. Our arrogance is in fact our saving grace.

I'm tired, I'm hungry, I'm poor. And there's thousands of us- but there's no Lady Liberty to run to.

What is to become of us all?

No comments:

Post a Comment