Wednesday, December 2, 2009

A New Horizon????

I dreamed last night that I went to Vienna. It was winter, and there was beautiful snow capping all the roofs. I was with my Significant Other and my parents, and we went all over Vienna, and then into Germany to see things like Bach's organ at St. Thomas and Beethoven's piano, so on and so forth. I spoke in German perfectly in this dream, which is impossible because I don't know a single word in German beyond 'lieb', and we ate fabulous food. We saw the Vienna orchestra play also, and it was overpowering, breathtaking- and I can't remember for the life of me what they were playing.
I woke up this morning thinking of this dream, wondering what it meant, if anything at all. I've always wanted to go to Europe, just to see a new world; honestly, I've always wanted to go anywhere that isn't America. I see possibilities for something greater and new outside of this place, but aren't all dreams rose colored?
But this dream made me think maybe I should really be putting forth a concentrated effort to go. I know that finishing college is a good goal, a vital one even, and should have my greatest attentions. But what after that? I don't have a goal beyond that lovely piece of paper and living well. Maybe I should be striving to go to Europe and have an adventure. Furthermore, maybe I should give myself a timeline.
I feel that I'm jumping ahead of myself because I honestly don't know where all I'd want to go or how much money it'd take to get me there. I know I want to go to Vienna, Rome, Berlin, Paris (just to see the Louvre, but I really would like to be there in the spring because I'm told the avenues are beautiful then), and into Ireland (where I want to go everywhere!) and England, so forth and so on. So, what am I to do?
Make a goal, once I figure out what I've got to make this happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment