Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Attempts

Today started the beginning of (yet another) attempt to quit smoking. It's a terribly nasty habit, and it's going to end up costing so much more than 5 bucks a pack. I've been trying to quit now for the past two years- I made it to two weeks once. I made it through bill paying this morning without a cigarette- let's see if I can't deal with the copious amounts of ineptitude at Wallace Community College without one.
In other attempts, I think I've bitten off more than I can chew this semester. This chemistry class is killing me, or rather the teacher is. To give you an idea of what I'm dealing with here: on a lab assignment, I got every single answer correct and received a "C" because I didn't put the answer exactly where my professor wanted me to put it. Yep, that happened. And I'm not actually getting to do any labs- I get to watch as other people do them, since my lab partner decided to quit and not tell me and there aren't any "spare" lab partners. For whatever reason, I'm not allowed to go it alone. I'm basically getting nothing out of this class besides a lot of math homework. I'm probably going to drop it today and make my life easier.
I also am attempting to let the Significant Other have the opportunity to act like an adult around the house. To explain how that's going...well....the blinds still aren't put up (it's been a week), the grass still isn't cut (it's been two weeks), none of the bills & receipts are filed (two weeks), and I didn't get the wood I asked for until I threw a fit about it (also asked to do two weeks ago), as this wood is for a class project. But, he did cook dinner and clean up the kitchen. I guess it's all about making tiny steps these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment